About FD Associates, Inc.
FD Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm specializing in export compliance licensing and compliance to client companies from the defense, aerospace, electronics, space, cybersecurity, encryption, computers, industrial, scientific, and medical. Established in 1990, FD Associates is well regarded within the industry for and with the regulatory agencies for its support to small and medium-sized companies, both U.S. and foreign, in fulfilling their needs for export licensing, export license exemptions and exceptions, establishing compliance programs, training and auditing, and development of voluntary disclosures to various government agencies. In addition to this work, FD Associates supports clients and law firms with filings related to ATF, CFIUS transactions, customs seizures, the U.S. Canada Joint Certification Program, DFARS Cybersecurity compliance, HTS, and Schedule B Classification, and ACE account requirements for filing EEI. FD Associates prides itself on its responsiveness to clients, the government and delivering high-quality work products.
FD Associates seeks a candidate to fulfill the role of Senior Associate – Compliance, as direct support to the Vice President – Compliance.
The Senior Associate – Compliance will report directly to the Vice President – Compliance and be responsible for the development of all underlying work products managed by the Vice President – Compliance for the FD Associates client base.
This work will involve the analysis of export & sanctions regulations and application to client transactions, development of commodity/technology classifications for complex items, use of narrative and persuasive writing skills to develop position papers, Commodity Jurisdictions and Commodity Classifications for sophisticated products and technology, support the development and provision of targeted export compliance training, support clients with investigation, preparation, and filing of voluntary disclosures to various government agencies, aid clients with implementation and updates of compliance plans, manuals and procedures, conduct audits of export compliance programs. The position will require the occasional drafting of export licenses with the State and Commerce.
- JD Required. Minimum 5 years related work experience directly in positions responsible for ITAR, EAR. OFAC. FTR will be considered with a paralegal degree.
- Background in export/import regulations (ITAR, EAR, ATF, FTR, OFAC, FCPA, Customs), Export Control Reform, Compliance programs, Export jurisdiction, and classifications self-classification, Voluntary Disclosures, export licensing and license exemptions/exceptions, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs), Commodity Jurisdiction requests. Commodity Classification Requests, Technology Control Plans, and the shipping process
- Demonstration of:
- Strong writing, communication, training, and research skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with general guidance and as a team player
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities among a wide array of projects
- Sound judgment, professional demeanor, good work ethic, and business acumen
- Strong MS office skills required
- Working knowledge of export regulations referenced required.
- The position is on-site at FD Associates offices in Northern Virginia
- Limited travel may be required in the future
- Commensurate with experience