Junior Associate/Associate position –
Hybrid 4 onsite Tysons Corner – Fridays remote
About FD Associates, Inc.
FD Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm specializing in export compliance licensing and compliance (ITAR and EAR) to client companies from the defense, aerospace, electronics, space, cybersecurity, encryption, computers, industrial, scientific, and medical.
Established in 1990, FD Associates is well regarded within the industry and with the regulatory agencies for its support to small and medium-sized companies, both U.S. and foreign, in fulfilling their needs for export licensing, export license exemptions and exceptions, establishing compliance programs, training and auditing, and development of voluntary disclosures to various government agencies. In addition to this work, FD Associates supports clients and law firms with filings related to ATF, CFIUS transactions, customs seizures, the U.S. Canada Joint Certification Program, DFARS Cybersecurity compliance, HTS and Schedule B Classification, and ACE account requirements for filing EEI. FD Associates prides itself on its responsiveness to clients, the government and delivering high-quality work products.
FD Associates seeks a candidate to fulfill the role of Junior Associate/Associate to support its client base with ITAR & EAR licensing requirements, the management of the export licensing process and working in the Department of State system DECCS and Department of Commerce system, SNAPR. The role is both administrative and developmental, with on the job training in the responsibilities of the role. The selected candidate will support 6 associates and learn how to
prepare export license applications in accordance with the ITAR or EAR and the government licensing instructions, receive in house and external training in the ITAR and EAR. Candidates with experience will be trained on higher level licensing, License Exceptions for hardware, software, technical data, and technology and export jurisdiction and classification.
In addition to export licensing, the candidate will/may manage the daily license tracking process for clients.
Significant opportunity for growth at a woman owned company.
- Bachelor’s degree or law degree preferred.
- Minimum 0-3 years related work experience directly in positions responsible for ITAR, EAR export licensing ) dependent on role applied for
- Background in export/import regulations – ITAR & EAR helpful, FTR a plus!!
- Strong writing, communication, training, and research skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with general guidance and as a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities among a wide array of projects.
- Sound judgment, professional demeanor, good work ethic, and business acumen
- Strong MS Product skills required.
- Position is on site at our Northern Virginia office
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Vacation/Sick ( 2 weeks(1)/3 weeks(2-4), 4 weeks (5)
- Medical/Dental/Vision * as permitted by law
Year end bonus potential – (8 – 12% of base salary based on billed hours)
Send resumes to email@example.com
Jenny Hahn | 703-847-5801