About FD Associates, Inc.
FD Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm specializing in export compliance licensing and compliance (ITAR and EAR) to client companies from the defense, aerospace, electronics, space, cybersecurity, encryption, computers, industrial, scientific, and medical.
Established in 1990, FD Associates is well regarded within the industry and with the regulatory agencies for its support to small and medium-sized companies, both U.S. and foreign, in fulfilling their needs for export licensing, export license exemptions and exceptions, establishing compliance programs, training and auditing, and development of voluntary disclosures to various government agencies. In addition to this work, FD Associates supports clients and law firms with filings related to ATF, CFIUS transactions, customs seizures, the U.S. Canada Joint Certification Program, DFARS Cybersecurity compliance, HTS, and Schedule B Classification, and ACE account requirements for filing EEI. FD Associates prides itself on its responsiveness to clients, the government and delivering high-quality work products.
FD Associates seeks a candidate to fulfill the role of Associate to support its client base with ITAR & EAR licensing requirements, the management of the export licensing process, and working in the Department of State system DECCS and Department of Commerce system, SNAPR.
The selected candidate will support FD Associates clients with their ITAR and EAR licensing needs, prepare, file, and manage the government process for DSPs & 748Ps; identify potential ITAR license exemptions and EAR license exceptions and provide guidance on making exports in accordance with the ITAR or EAR and the export license authorization or license exemption/exception.
The selected candidate will be groomed on the more complex licensing, export jurisdiction, and classification filings (CJs and CCATs).
- Bachelor’s degree or law degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience in positions responsible for ITAR, EAR export licensing.
- US person mandatory due to access to export-controlled information.
- Background in export/import regulations – ITAR & EAR, OFAC, FTR, FCPA, Antiboycott, BATF helpful.
- Strong writing, communication, training, and research skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with general guidance and as a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities among a wide array of projects.
- Sound judgment, professional demeanor, good work ethic, and business acumen.
- Efficient use of MS Product skills required.
- The position is on-site at our Northern Virginia office.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Year-end bonus potential.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Hahn | 703-847-5801